Ah, Thanksgiving. A time to be grateful for the wonderful friends and family in our lives. A time to be grateful for career success, taken opportunities and obstacles overcome. A time to be grateful for whoever thought to combine green beans and cream of mushroom soup, because a life without green bean casserole is no life at all.
Here at Standing Dog, we all have a lot to be thankful for, namely, our passionate and future-thinking clients who challenge us every day to achieve beyond what we thought we were capable of. Besides, without our clients, we’d all have to cross ‘career success’ off our list of appreciation. Instead of writing a mushy blog post about all the reasons we’re thankful for our clients, we decided to broaden our range. Today, we’d like to share our gratitude for the people and events that affect the work we do day in and day out.
- Steve Jobs. The Edison of our times. Steve was a visionary and inspired all of us here at Standing Dog. From the point-and-click interface to the iPad, he impacted every aspect of the way we work with each other as well as our clients. We are beyond thankful that we were able to witness Steve Jobs change our generation and inspire the next generation of thinkers.
- Klout Perks. So far, we’ve accumulated two bottles of OneHope Wine, two Weather Channel umbrellas, $50 worth of American Express giftcards to shop small, 200 MOO minicards, four exclusive Spotify invitations, and a variety of discounts to The Clymb, Invivo and Score Big. Thanks, Klout, for rewarding us for our social media addiction. I mean, online influence.
- f8. F8 energized us creatively as company. We came home charged up and ready to bring our many, many, many ideas to life. Also, thanks to the amazing people we met and listened to we found out how to make all these ideas possible. We are so thankful that as a company we are in a position to attend such incredible events.
- Our Facebook Rep. Without him, there would be approximately 241 more rogue, unclaimed Facebook Place Pages in the social world than there are today. He also keeps us up to date with Facebook’s agency plans and new feature releases so we can prepare our clients for any changes.
- Skype. We’re lucky enough to work with clients all over the world, a good chunk of them being in Australia. Skype makes it possible for us to meet with them face to face. Let’s face it, a genuine smile will always trump the colon and end parentheses.
- Superfans. We pour our heart and soul into everything we do here, and we can’t tell you how good it feels to know there are people out there supporting us. People we’ve never met. They share our blog posts, comment on our Facebook wall and retweet our 140-character nuggets of social media knowledge. Superfans, you give us the motivation to keep on keepin on.
- Social Media Club of Dallas. Standing Dog is one of many thriving social media agencies in the Dallas area, and SMC Dallas brings us all together. Social media marketing wasn’t included in the college curriculum where most of us went to school, so SMC Dallas acts as our classroom. We are the students. We are the teachers. We are the mentors. We can’t explain how grateful we are for the the club’s support.
- Spotify. Thanks to the social sharing aspects of Spotify, we’ve discovered a ton of new music this year. We are on Facebook quite a bit, so we’ve learned a lot about each others listening habits through the ticker. It’s brought us all closer together. Many of us had no idea we had so much music in common, and for this new-found conversation starter, we are thankful.
- You. Finally, we are thankful for our readers. Without all of you reading and sharing our blog there is no way we would have had such a successful year. Thank you.
Happy Thanksgiving superfans! Try not to overdo it, I know we will.